Argentina offers a wide variety of game animals for every bowhunter. From those making their first steps into bowhunting to the experienced international bowhunter, there is a specific challenge to be found in Argentina’s vast hunting grounds.
The most common hunting technique is still hunting in the dense calden woods of La Pampa where careful and methodical stalking will get you within bow range of a majestic red stag, an elusive blackbuck antelope or a massive water buffalo. Ground and elevated blinds over fields, water holes or game trails are extremely useful when stalking conditions are not right.
Recommend equipment for Argentina’s big game:
Medium sized game
· Species: Feral goats, mouflon, feral sheep, capybara, blackbuck, puma, axis and fallow deer.
· Draw weight: 40-50 lbs
· Recurved/Traditional bow: 2-3 fixed blades / 550 grain arrow min.
· Compound bow: 2-3-4 fixed blades or open-on- impact blades / 400 grain arrow min.
· Species: European wild boar and red stag
· Draw weight: 55-65 lbs
· Recurved/Traditional bow: 2-3 fixed blades / 800 grain arrow min.
· Compound bow: 2-3 fixed blades or open-on- impact blades (small-medium cutting diameter) / 400 grain arrow min.
· Draw weight: 70-75 lbs minimum
· Compound bow: 2 fixed blades / 700 grain arrow min.